As a new year has begin, and we all have those new resolutions. Well mine, included with many of yours is to eat healthy and loose weight. Well, I also want my family to eat healthy with me, especially my kids. My least favorite part of the day is lunch and dinner, I hate trying to come up with things that my kids will eat, and give them some nutrition. So, my good friend Marcy has convinced me that this is the cook book, DECEPTIVELY DELICIOUS, is the cook book to have. I guess Oprah had a show on it, and said it was amazing. Marcy has really liked it also. So, today I gave it a try.
I spent the whole morning preparing the food that are main ingredients in a lot of the recipes. Basically it included a lot of steaming and pureeing. It didn't take to long, and I just put most of it in my freezer until I am ready to use it.

The recipe on the list tonight was Turkey Burgers. Cauliflower was the hidden vegetable. And I thought they turned out pretty good. The only thing that went wrong, was that I used Italian flavored ground turkey, instead of regular ground turkey. It kind of gave it a taste that really didn't need to be there. But, overall we liked them. Collin said he liked them, ( I think he was kind of being nice about it, he is a hard critic, he grew up with an excellent cook). Cooper, ate 3/4 of the burger....shocking!! He never eats his food, and he said he liked it. That alone, convinces me to continue cooking from the book. And Bode, well he took a look at it and threw it on the floor, along with all the other food he tried to eat during the day, that I just leave there because I am SO sick of picking it up.






9 comments:
Thanks for the idea. I'm trying to figure out ways to make my family eat healthier. Maybe I'll go pick up the book too.
Good work...I need to go through and steam and puree. (Everytime I've used the book I have steamed and pureed right then and there...which takes too long!) I too was a big fan of the turkey chili....Carsen liked the French Toast, but probably because I used Pumpkin Pie Filling (instead of just Pumpkin.) Keep me posted on what you like and dislike! Love the picture of Bode!
I gave the book to my mom for Christmas and so far she loves it. My little 11-year-old brother will not let a vegetable touch his lips but so far he's ate everything my mom has made.
Good job mama!! I saw that episode of Oprah and she seriously swears by it! I have actually been meaning to go buy it. I DREAD lunch and dinner too...Avery is the WROST water..if it's not pizza or cafe rio she's not eatin' it. So frustrating...so it's good to hear that the recipes weren't yucky. Love the picture of Bode!!
Oh that just looks like too much work! You keep trying it for a while and let me know if you like it or not. Then I'll try.
I just got this for Christmas too! Planning on tackling the prep work this weekend (hot date night with Dan I think) but I'm all about lying to my kids to help them eat well! I'm excited to try it though!
My sister in law got that cookbook for Xmas. They made the brownies & mailed them so we could guess the secret ingredient. They were actually good. It seems like a great book. You are a great mom!
Look at you go. I am jealous, I have had that book on my list of books to buy, but I haven't yet. I am really excited about it though. You are such a good Mom.
I just read all your comments.. It's pretty funny that almost everyone has this cook book. I'm glad that you liked it after how much I hyped it up... You’ll have to try the Turkey Chili next, our whole family loved it. Good work Nat!
We have also tried scrambled eggs, rice balls, chicken nuggets, salsa, avocado spread, chocolate chip cookie w/ chick peas (I'm still not sure what I think about them but the kids loved em')and pink pancake. The pink pancakes were the only thing the kids didn't like.
Post a Comment