As a lot of you know, Bode can not talk yet, and will not be talking anytime in the near future. The words or words he tries to say are "MAAA" (mom) "NAA" (no) "MMM" (more), he did use to say "DAAA" (dad) but for some reason he no longer says it. Anyhow, this can become very frustrating for a parent or for anyone to figure out what he wants. He does A LOT of screaming trying to tell me what he wants. He has done very well and learning some sign language to communicate and he will do certain actions to try to tell me what he wants. Well yesterday, it was about 4:00, and I was pretty much fed up with him screaming and yelling, I was awaiting Collin's return home. Bode was trying to tell me what he wanted, and I couldn't take it any longer. So, I just sat down on the couch, and kind of ignored him. Well, Mr. Smarty pants, wanting my attention NOW, got on the couch got behind me sat down in what space there was between the two of us, he put his feet on my back and began to push with his legs, forcing me to get up and off the couch. I fell to the ground laughing. I was so surprised at how smart he really is. I don't give him enough credit for what he has accomplished not being able to talk. I know this is going to be a struggle for me for a long time, and I need to learn to have patience with him, he is doing the best he can to communicate. Sorry, this might be a boring post to you, but I had to do it, I need to remember the silly things that happen in my life. I love my kids and the joy they bring to me.
The Cost of Your Silence
1 year ago






16 comments:
HE IS SOOO CUTE! It wasn't a boring post I love to hear about everything in your life!
I cannot imagine how frustrating that would be...especially for him. You are an amazing mom! Your kids are growing so fast! Soooo cute! I actually used a fixed lens on my picture to get the blur...so it had nothing to do with photoshop. The lens is a new one I just got so thanks for noticing! You can do the same thing in photoshop...it just takes a few steps with the lasso tool. You have to pull the figure out, add the blur filter to the background...then put the figure back in. It's a little tricky but it can be done. Email me if you want annielm7@yahoo.com
This post is so NOT boring! I think you are an excellent mother. You can tell from your posts how much you love and adore your kids.
That's hysterical. Bode is a boy that knows what he wants.
I love that story. That makes me chuckle! Good job Bode!
lou lou
You amaze me.....I would've ripped my hair out a long time ago! (My patience is not very good....) I can totally imagine Bode getting behind you and pushing you off the couch. (That kid is one of the strongest little tykes!) Thanks for an uplifting post!
That is hilarious! He sure keeps you busy. So...did you watch One Tree Hill? I just love that show! I'm so glad it is back on. I'm a dork I know, but at least I have you. :)
I would've sat myself on the couch and ignored him too - actually I do that a lot! That would be so frustrating! I love how much patience you have and how you always seem to have a smile on your face. Bode is a smart and tenacious little guy and what he can't say with words - at least he'll let you know with his presence!
That's how I get Eric's attention too! Way to go Bode!
You're blog page is amazing! You are one talented lady. I can't get over how cute your little Bode is. His smile is contagious.
I love his darling grin. He is such a cute kid. That is hilarious.
Nat - seriously I think you are such an amazing person and mother. You can just tell how much you adore your kid's by just talking to you.
Hey Natalie! It's Krista (your old neighbor..remember me! I was on Jessie (Evans) blog and I saw Hollie's link so I was looking at her blog and then I saw your link. I love it that I found your blog so I can see what you've been up to. Your kids are huge and Peiton is darling!! Link over to my blog sometime and lets keep in touch!!
What a funny kid! He is a smart little guy. I love your blog. It is so creative!
What a blessing to have him in your home! He seems like such a cutie!
Thanks for helping Keysha with the parent party. (you took my place because I couldn't be there!)
I love your blog-super cute template.
Hope to see you over the summer when we are up to visit!
That cracks me up...Bode is a funny boy!
Post a Comment