Sunday, January 20, 2008

Yipee, I did it!

I made it!! I loved it!! Yipee!!
(Beware...this is a long post)
We had such a good time this weekend. It all turned out perfect. Except for the fact that Lou-lou didn't make it and that Stacy bugged out last minute...LAME_O! We missed you big time! But, we still had a blast. We left Friday at noon, and made good time to St. George, we were there just a little after 4:00. And then our weekend planning began, o' and I must say it was a full one, full of fun. We got to my cute grandparents house and then decided of coarse where we wanted to eat, and if we wanted to see the movie that night or Saturday night. Well, we decided to go to The Pasta Factory, because of coarse before a big race you want to eat lots of pasta, right?? Now the movie situation was a bit of a toss up, there were three movies that we really wanted to see, 27 dresses being number uno-one! Then we got thinking, why not see all of them? Three movies in 1 1/2 days, it was great. So, we decided to see Juno Friday night. Well, we were busting a gut, but for my mom, it wasn't really her style of movie, but she was a good sport and threw out some chuckles here and there....something about pork, kind of got her going-LOL (those that have seen it you know what I mean.) We made it back and talked with my Grandma and Pa for a bit, and then off to bed was I, I can't say the same for Marcy and Rachel.
The next morning was the race, it was so nice that it didn't start until 9:00. I was able to sleep until 8, which made it really nice. My Mom and Grandma took me to the starting line and saw me take off, and then they made it to mile 2, was such a suprise to see them cheering me on. In the meantime they went back to get Marcy, Rachel and Pa, to meet me 1/2 way. I must say, I was feeling so good....so good. I was loving the course, the temp, the scenery, it couldn't have been better. I was doing a lot better than I thought I would, I was waiting for my body to slow down, but it really never happened.
Mom and I before the race
I ran into some of my cute friends before the race.
Heather and Camille

Trucking along at mile 2

I got to the point where the gang was suppose to meet up with me, and I was just too fast for them, they couldn't keep up with me. (And yes, they were driving...I am going to brag a little bit, because I felt so good about the race, I feel I deserve to.) Well, I finally saw them at mile 11, I was on the home stretch...only 2.1 miles to go, yippee! It was about mile 12 where I started to get a little tired, but I was doing so much better than I thought I would I still had to push it. After one hour 56 minutes, I crossed the finish line...I was so pumped that I did it under 2 hours. My goal was to do it under 2:30, and I thought 2:10 would be the best I could do. I was pretty proud of myself. (I am sure there are many of you that could do it a lot faster, but for me a 8:40 mile was doing great.) At the finish line I had my wonderful cheer team, they were so good to be there for me and cheer me on. (Mom, I am really glad you ended up coming with us, I loved having you there.) They were such great support.

Grandma, Me, Mom....after the race

Rachel, Me, Marcy...my awesome friends,
you guys are great! Another great friend, Kathryn.
I MADE IT!



Whoo-hoo!

(Ignore how goofy I look in all the pics, a little sweaty and gross)

So, we were now off to get me cleaned up and start our busy day. First we wanted to go lunch, we tried something really different...Cafe Rio, heard of it? Yummy, Yummy! Rachel wanted to visit her grandma really quick, so we dropped her off and headed to the mall. After a little shopping we picked her up in time for our 2nd movie of the vacation. We were planning on seeing 27 Dresses, but the 2:20 show was sold out (everyone decided to go to the theatres this weekend, Larry H, really needs to invest in some St. George theaters) So, we made a little switch and decided to see Mad Money, and bought our tickets for 27 dresses at 7:30. Mad Money was a cute show, we really enjoyed it I love Katie Holmes, well I love the Joey, (Dawson's Creek) Katie Holmes, and she was a bit like that in this show. After the show we dropped my mom off at my grandparents and we were off to do some more shopping and more eating...hey, I just ran 13.2 miles, I could eat whatever I wanted, Hot Tamales and Popcorn....here I come! My mom met us back at the theatre for 27 Dresses. I have found a new actor that I like...the guy in it is pretty cute. I can't think of his name, but he was also in Hairspray, he was pretty delish...it made me miss my cute hubby, who was home with cute Coop how still had the flu, and a limping Bode and a little angel Peiton. He did awesome with the kids, I really appreciate him.

So, the weekend was a 10, we all had a great time. It was so good to see my grandparents and talk a bit with them (that was the only bummer, the weekend was so full of fun activities, I didn't spend a lot of time with them...but what I did, I really enjoyed.) The food was fabulous, felt good about the race, 3 movies, great company...it couldn't have gotten better. So to all those involved, thanks for a great weekend, I had a blast. And thanks to Grandma and Pa for your hospitality...I love ya! And thanks for cheering me on, it meant a lot to me. Until next year...plan on us Grandma and pa!

16 comments:

Stacy said...

good for you Nat! Way to GO!!!

KEYSHA said...

Wow! I am so impressed with you time. But, you totally deserve it--you have been training your butt off! (I tell ya, resistance training is the key!) Plan me in for next year.....no nursing babies for me!!!

Kristen said...

AWESOME JOB NAT!!! Way to kick some butt!

Hollie said...

Good Job Nat Rat, hopefully I'll be there running with you next year. Glad you had a good weekend, but I think that Jacki and I had more fun then you.... too bad you didn't invite us.

Jacki said...

Way to go Natree. Just wait until I come next year and dazzle everyone. Just kidding. I don't think I'll ever be a runner. You look hot in the pics. I think it's great you have found this running thing. It probably feels really good to accomplish. Great job! Me and Haws had fun too!! LOL

Heidi Totten said...

You rock! I am totally impressed! But hey - I get excited when I run a 15 minute mile. :)

Brittany said...

Great job, it sounds like it was a blast...maybe one day I will do it !?!

Anonymous said...

You ROCK!!! You inspire me....now I'm going to go running tonight....I think! Okay, maybe not, but I'm going to start sometime in the near future!

Oh yes, and one more thing, you look absolutely fabulous!!! And hooray for Marcy and Rachel being such awesome friends and being there to support you! I miss you guys!

Marcy said...

I just wanted to say that you are amazing!! We thought we had about 15 minutes or so to wait for you and you came running past like a speeding bullet. It almost made me want to become a runner, and then I remembered that it’s really hard and I changed my mind. You might have inspired me to at least try to run Swiss Days 10K with you, 6 miles will kick my butt enough, but count me in anytime you want a cheering section, rain or shine I’ll be there. That was just want I needed to help January past a little faster, 3 movies, fun with the girls and great laughs from your grandparents. Can I just tell you that they are so adorable, I could only hope that Randall and I are that much fun at that age. It was so great getting to know your mom, she is so fun to be around, and I guess that is were you got it from.

mandy said...

Awesome, Nat! I'm so impressed with your time! I am such a slow poke. I'm jealous of your kid-less weekend, too. I can't believe what a good sport Collin was, sick kids and everything! :)

Laurie said...

Nat! You did so well! I can't believe how fast you are. Good job!

Jared and Casi said...

Nat you are amazing! I am training right now and am nowhere near as fast as you! You look awesome by the way! Sounds like you had a blast in St. George!

Coco said...

You did awesome. I am training for the Moab Half Marathon and my goal is just to finish it. :) Any tips?

I was excited to find your blog on Rachie's. I not sure if you remember from High School or Reams (I worked in the bakery).

Congrats on the great time.

Collette (Christiansen) Whitley

Paige said...

Holy cow! You are so fast! I am amazed! Good job!

Rachie said...

Nice Job! When I ran my half marathon I did it in 2:20....you are super speedy. You should be so proud.

Aly said...

I am so proud of you!! If i did a half marathon it would probably take me 10 hours or so, but I would probably pass out before that. I am impressed so. Did I mention that you are so inspiring?