Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Emoticon

Ever since I have been blogging, I would read someone's blog and see all these funky punctuation marks all over. I thought to myself what are these? Did I miss something in English class? :-/ There has to be some new punctuation rule going on. So, about a week ago I google-ed "how to use correct punctuation." And "What are Emoticons" came up. I clicked on it and found all the punctuation that I had been seeing... amazement!! It was pretty cool, all of these little punctuations were people's feelings. I love it! So, now I feel I can understand you better when reading your blogs, I can feel your real emotions...what will they come up with next. :) Now I have posted a few of the meanings to some of these neat EMOTICONS we see every now and then, in case there are some that had no clue like I had no clue. (I am sure everyone knew what they meant, and I am the only clueless one here. I just found out what LOL means like 2 months ago...thanks, Kristen!)

:) smile
:-( frown
;-) wink
:(```` crying
>:) mischevious grin
:-/ smirk or confused
:-P smiling and sticking out your tongue
:-D laughing hard
>:-\ mad

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I thought LOL meant lots of love until last week- but I think it really means laugh out loud right?

Kristen said...

Now try ROFL, DH, DS, DD and IMHO.

Rolling on floor laughing
Darling husband
Darling son
Darling daughter
Im my humble opinion

I can't laugh at you about this since I can't even change my template - LAME!! LOL!

Hollie said...

I think LOL means both lots of love and laugh out loud because I've seen it both ways. Glad you found a new bit of information Nat.

Aly said...

You crack me up!! I bet you thought I was nuts because I use the smiling one all the time. You make me laugh!!! I would LOVE to get together with you soon!!! :) hee hee

Shannon said...

Thanks for the lesson. I am CLUELESS when it comes to all this stuff. Thanks also to your friend Kris for the acronym lesson I don't know what any of those ever mean so when I get emails from my teenaged neices I am always lost. Am I really that old, or I am just out of touch? Thanks again

Heather said...

Oh my goodness… Thank you, thank you! I seriously thought people were nuts. I wanted to fix everyone’s grammar. I can now go to sleep peacefully tonight!