Well today started out like a typical Monday. Mondays always seem to be the same, I don't know if you do, but I seem to hate Mondays. It is time to clean up from the weekend, start on the pile of laundry from the weekend, starve yourself because of how you ate over the weekend, Mondays are just a pretty lame day. Well today wasn't going to bad. Cooper was excellent as usual, Peiton took a awesome nap and was so happy all day, and Bode was doing pretty well also, considering his daily ritual of throwing things down the stairs. So, a little after 4, I was finishing up some ironing, and I left Bode downstairs watching the Jungle Book (I should know by now, not to let him leave my sight, but if I did that, nothing, and I mean nothing would get done.) About 5 minutes after leaving him alone, I came down to check on him. And to my amazement, I walked down and saw a huge pile of food on my family room rug. He had taken a 1/2 full box of Triscuts, 1 full box of Kashi Go Lean Cereal, and the worst, a 3/4 full box of Grape Nuts...tiny little Grape Nuts! AHHHHH!!! He had also gotten into Cooper's gumballs, so there were gum balls thrown all over the floor too. Now let me tell you that my rug is a long shag rug, there will be no Grape Nuts coming out of that rug. I tried to suck and suck with the vacuum and they are in there for life. I think we will be saying "I see ya," to the rug. This little guy has trashed our house. Our couches, walls, desk, table, you name it, Bode has trashed it. He has figured out to open all child proof locks...this little guy is one smart cookie. All I can think is, "my poor house." So, feel free to let me in on some way awesome child proofing techniques, I am in need of some.
This is where he took the bags out of the boxes, it all began in the kitchen.
From this photo, it doesn't look to bad...trust me it is awful. To top it off, he decided to throw the cereal after I caught him.
A little closer look of how embedded it is in the rug.
Today his item of choice to throw down the stairs would be all the pillows off of my bed.






15 comments:
looks like you have your work cut out for you on a monday. this is a pretty creative little guy. or maybe he just doesnt' like your decorating
My dear sweet Natalie, all I can say is be grateful you don't have two of them. I should post the video of when Charlie and Oliver took all of the dirt out of one of my potted plants and covered my family room, loveseat, folded laundry and each other with it. Where was I you ask, trying to clean-up the first mess they made that day.
This is why it's called a starter home but you start to get it too trashed and then the kids are older so you can move to the nicer house! If it makes you feel any better I have black frosting stains in my carpet from a soccer ball cake in October that still won't come out! I'm laughin at Bode and the cereal but I know you were SO not laughing when you saw that!
I agree with Kris...it's a starter home for a reason! So sorry about your rug..it was so cute! Nat, I swear you get my vote for Mother of the Year! Next time Avery dumps something on the floor I will think of you and not get mad! Love ya! Let's do lunch soon!
Nat, come on, I've never seen your house look better! Just don't ever pick it up it looks great and then we can be the same. Hee hee.
Wow! Bode is creative now days and quite a hand full. I'm sorry. I agree with your friends and having it be a starter home. No worries. I think your house is amazing and if you ever think your couches are too trashed, sell them to us, we think are are GREAT! Love you!
Oh boy! I must say....you have a very good way of covering up the "trashed" house. I give you the "Best House in the Neighborhood" award...so THERE. I hate Mondays too, and yesterday was an especially rotten one. So, here's to an even crappier Tuesday! (Now Chad's sick!)
Well Nat I would like to say he will grow out of it, but he might not. So keep laughing about it, when you are not crying.
Oh I'm sorry Nat. I'm trying to think of childproofing ideas with Drew so that he doesn't do things like that, but he still does and you can't put everything out of reach so I guess you just have to live with it. You were ready to get rid of that rug anyway weren't you?
Bode is such a character. I think he was just letting you know that he doesn’t want to eat grape nuts, triscuts or Go lean cereal- EVER!! I love that as you were taking the pictures he was trying to get he hands in the mess and throw it around. I love that little guy!
About the pillows, I guess you are lucky that he didn’t think that it would be fun to jump on them after he throw them all over the stairs. I think he was just getting ready for a pillow WAR.
I think it's great that you grabbed your camera. You'll laugh about this someday...I think that would have been the last thing on my mind. I need to be more like you. Good luck running this weekend. We'll miss you Sunday!
Good job taking a picture of it! Bode is so cute!
Sorry I can't write in English, so I had to rewrite my comment. I think faster than I can type. Anyway thanks Bode for giving me a Thursday afterrnoon chuckle!
I second Brandy's vote for Mother of the Year! You handle it so well. I am glad you share these stories. I admire you more each time you do! We need to get together again!
Post a Comment