Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cooper's oral Presentation & head injury

Yesterday was quite the eventful day for Cooper. First we will start with the little head injury. In the morning Coop and I were downstairs in the basement while I was trying to catch a little run in on the treadmill. Cooper wanted a sucker and was having a hard time getting the wrapper off so he came over to me for some assistance. I put both of my legs on the side of the treadmill and left the treadmill going, (yes I am too lazy to turn it to pause, I then would have to start it all up again and that my friends is a little too much work.) So Cooper decides to be silly and thinks he can get on the treadmill with me ( I know that he isn't thinking "this is going way to fast, in fact he probably doesn't even know how treadmills really work, he is only 6.) Well he starts to put one foot on and as I am screaming "NO, don't!" His foot touches the treadmill and it throws him back and he gets thrown right into the cement wall behind the treadmill. O' Crap!! He was already covered in blood and I had no idea where it was coming from, I was scared out of my mind. He then started screaming that his head hurt and sure enough the blood was just squirting out of his head (literally) I didn't know what to do besides say "We have to go to the doctor, your gonna need stitches!" This freaked him out and he screamed even more. I got some pressure on it and it still kept coming out. I wasn't able to see how big the cut was because the blood just kept coming. I then called my mother-in-law who had Bode and told her she needs to come over while I take Coop to the Dr, she then told me that head wounds bleed a lot worse than other wounds and to kind of watch it. So sure enough after about 7 to 10 minutes it finally slowed down on the bleeding and I could tell that everything was going to be okay. Thank goodness! He was still a little shook up, but relieved that he wasn't going to get stitches. Well he was supose to be at school in two hours to do a oral presentation on a animal of his choice. Luckily, he pulled threw and was able to make it. (Sorry no pic of the head wound...I was a little busy at the time, and there is just a mark about a 1/2 inch long on his head, so there really isn't much to see.)

He did such a good job on his oral presentation. He made the poster of a Killer Whale all by himself (you can see it in the background of the picture.) He memorized everything and only forgot to say one thing. I couldn't have been more proud.

Cooper doing the oral report.



Here is the video of the report...he did so good. Turn the music on pause and make sure your volume is up, it is kind of quiet. I love that he was acting like he was reading it, when none of the things he was saying were actually on the piece of paper. I think it might have been a comfort thing. Good job Coop! I can't believe you are old enough to do a oral report.

I must say I sure am glad that day is over with!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

What was with bleeding kids yesterday? I ran out to find Kate in the road with her chin split open, blood everywhere. Poor Jill!

Glad he is ok - that sounded so scary!! (And great job on the report!! That is awesome!)

brandy said...

Holy #@$*....I would have been FREAKING out!! I don't do well with blood...let alone SQUIRTING blood!! Good job mama for keeping it together and applying that pressure.

Stacy said...

Okay that poster is so adorable, way to go Coop! Jackson did his first oral report in kindergarten on whales too.

Kathy said...

How scary! Glad he's ok. I love the poster too!

Shannon said...

It's amazing how much heads bleed. Poor guy. I LOVE that he was looking down at his paper while giving his report. Too cute!

Keysha said...

Oh my gosh! I would've been going crazy (you know me...I call you whenever there is blood at the Peck household!) I am glad he is okay....and that you have still been maintaining your sanity.

What a big dude. I'm going to have to show Carsen the video of Cooper. (It will be his new favorite thing to watch!)

Anonymous said...

Ali had mentioned that Coop had a "big cut" on his head, but I forgot to ask you what happened. That is nuts. You are like Superwoman, you don't let anything knock you down.

He did a great job. Ali was so nervous. Jason said that she pretty much forgot everything we talked about and went over. Oh well. It is kindergarten at least she tried:) Love the poster!!!

Amanda said...

What an eventful day, and scary! Glad he is okay!

I love the poster, and him giving the report. He is so dang cute!