Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

We had a great Halloween this year and I can't believe it is over. This last week was pretty eventful with all the Halloween festivities, the Richard's home love Halloween festivities. On Halloween eve, we finally were able to carve our pumpkins. Bode thought is was awesome, he was actually given a knife to play with and was able to stab things with it. He was in heaven. Cooper did an awesome job at carving his own too.

The finished jack-o-lanterns




On Halloween we started the day off by going to Coop's school Halloween parade. It was quite the adventure. We sat there for an hour until the actual parade started. By the time we saw Cooper, Peiton was ready to get out of there (so was I), but it was really fun to see all the cute and crazy costumes. We saw some pretty creative costumes.

After Coop got home from school we headed out to see my Grandma Van. Her retirement center was doing a Halloween parade and trick-or-treating for all the grand kids. Yes, more trick-or-treating, which means more candy, which means more candy for mommy, and that means more calories being eaten minute by minute (my stomach and booty are loving me this year).
It was so good to see Grandma and I think she loved having all the grand kids coming to see her. It was great to see all the elderly so excited to see the kids too.


Cooper, Grandma & Bode

Grandma and all the grand kids (well 1/2 of the grand kids)

A few random photos of our adventure at the resting home.
Notice the one on the far right corner, Bode thought it was so neat that he would go to all these people and they would just give him candy. He always would have his bag ready and got so excited when they put something in it:)

When we got home, the night was just beginning. It was off to more Halloween festivities!

This is the bum of Bode's costume (skunk) When I saw the costume I had to get it, I call him "little stinker" all the time.




Imagine a couple who is pretty much perfect. They are great neighbors, great friends, they are nice to EVERYONE, they have a GREAT sense of humor, fun to be with, they have darling little girls, and they feed the whole street YUMMY Navajo tacos on Halloween night...well no one else but ...
The Olson's~
These are our amazing neighbors the Olson's who we love dearly!

Thanks for the yummy dinner!




After dinner, Collin took Coop and Bode trick-or-treating. Bode made it to one house and he was done he clapped and headed home. Coop and Collin were out for almost 2 hours getting candy galore and visiting with fun neighbors. I stayed home and checked out all the cute costumes and by 9:45 rolled around, I was crashed and ready for bed, sorry Collin:( I am no fun, couldn't even watch a scary movie because they scare me so bad!
I hope everyone had a great Halloween and now we are on to Thanksgiving:)


15 comments:

McKenzie Kimberly said...

aww how cute~ hah i know have a blog so come check me out!

Miranda said...

Too cute! It looks like you guys had a fun holiday!

Stacy said...

Nice Halloween Nat...you are so great at posting. You should check out my blog I have a great post on there for me and Shawn's anniversary..I am not sure if you have seen it yet ha ha.

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

I love love love the kids's costumes! Bode's is perfect, Cooper looks great and Peiton couldn't get any cuter. You always have so much fun with your family. Cute kids. Miss you love you!

KEYSHA said...

Fun Halloween! Can't believe it's already here and gone...where has the time gone? Now, let's start planning Thanksgiving and all the fun parties we can plan around FOOD!

Kristen said...

FUN! I don't like the scary movies either! Your kids looked adorable - I cannot believe how fast October flew by this year. I need to plan out more fun fall things for next year before it comes and goes like that!

Trisha Paddock said...

I love your kid's costumes! Bode's was so cute that I had to take a photo of him!

BTW-I love checking your blog because I know that you are awesome keeping it updated! And it is so cute!

Em said...

i am glad to see others that love carving pumpkins as much as me, I just made my blog private so if you would still like to see it please send me your email. mine is rmemories4ever@msn.com

Olson's said...

Nat - you do it all! Pumpkin carving, parades, visiting the relatives. Sounds like your Halloween was filled with lots and lots of fun (not to mention the candy). I love the pictures of your kids carving their own pumpkins....how brave of you!

DeJong Family said...

Sounds like you had some fun Halloween festives! You always have so much fun over holidays...your kids looked so cute in their costumes!

Allison said...

Such cute kids in such cute costumes! Don't you just love Halloween?

Post-it Notes said...

Looks like you had a busy halloween. I love the first pic of Bode with the knife even though his pumpkin is already carved. So cute!

Lish or Coors said...

I can't believe how fast it all went by! Loved the costumes and glad to see you guys had such a great Halloween!

brandy said...

Everyone looked so cute for Halloween! You are seriously one AMAZING mom!!

Summer said...

I LOVE Peiton's little bottom teeth in that last photo of her- ha!! Such cuties!!

Your new layout is AWESOME! That photo couldn't be "pertfecter." You look so pretty as always! :)