Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Charlie!


Happy Birthday Charlie!
Those of you who know my father-in-law, know what a amazing man he is. There is so much that I admire about Charlie. Just to name a few, I am going to start with what a wonderful father he is. He is so involved in each of his children's life and always has been. He has such good relationships with each of them. He wants to make sure that each of them are happy. He has been a wonderful example to my husband Collin. I believe that most of Collin's abilities in being such a wonderful father came from the example his dad showed him.
Another thing I admire about Charlie is his love for his wife. He bends over backwards for her and would do anything for her. He is continuously helping her out on the many things she has going on in her life, and I never hear a complaint from his mouth, just a willingness to help. My sister told me when I started to date Collin, that "I would never have to worry about how Collin treats me, he has had a wonderful example, Charlie treats Holly like she is a queen." And it is true, I have never worried about how Collin will treat me, he has been exceptionally great and it is because he has had a great example.
If I kept going on this would be a novel, there are so many qualities Charlie has. He is a awesome Grandpa, he has a amazing testimony, a great public speaker, and he can get along with anybody. I love you Charlie and I appreciate you accepting me into your family. I hope you have a great birthday (although, I know it probably wasn't the best).

8 comments:

Stacy said...

that is such a cute picture of
Bode and Grandpa, I can't believe you think Bode is a poop, he looks so sweet and calm to me.
+

Keysha said...

Happy Birthday to Charlie...He is a cool guy (and he has one sweet house!) You have a great father-in-law Nat!

Jewels said...

Who doesn't love Charlie?! I feel like I was his third daughter growing up because he made me feel so welcome. He is a stud! :)

Brittany said...

You do have a wonderful father-in-law, he has always been so sweet to me. You are very lucky!

Hollie said...

Happy Birthday Charlie. You are a great guy, Russ and I just love it when you're around.

RaCHeL said...

Hi! Charlie is a great guy! I kinda felt the same about the show. However, I don't mind watching Lucas. :) I hope it gets better. But I'm still a sucker & know I will still watch it. :) I hope all is well!

Amanda said...

I would have to say Charlie is one of a kind too, a great guy and example!! Happy Birthday Charlie!

Anonymous said...

Such a great tribute to Charlie. Happy belated birthday to a teriffic guy. Thanks for a great son in law.