Sunday, May 11, 2008

Race for the Cure

Saturday morning I was able to participate in the RACE FOR THE CURE. I have done this race a few times before this, but this time it was a little different than before. I joined a team that supported my sister-in-law's mom Rebecca, and it was such a neat experience. Rebecca found out she had breast cancer about 3 or 4 months ago and is currently doing chemo. Rebecca is such an amazing lady and a inspiration to all those that come in contact with her. She has stayed so strong during this whole trial in her life and she has a wonderful family that stands by her and supports her. Every time I go to her blog I choke up, she has to go through so much and she continues to stay strong. She also has her testimony posted and it is amazing. I truly admire and love her.

It was really neat to actually run the race for someone that I knew was conquering breast cancer. The turn out for the race was AMAZING, I believe they had almost 17,000 participants, it was incredible. You could hardly even run because the street was just full of people, it was amazing. As I ran through the people walking I focused on the pink papers everyone was wearing on their backs, the tears constantly would come to my eyes as I would read "In Celebration of my Mom, Sister, Friend," or "In Memory of my Mom, Sister, Wife, etc....(it would actually have their name on the paper). I just thought to myself it is amazing how many people are fighting breast cancer and how many life's it has already taken. My heart goes out to those that have lost someone because of breast cancer and for those that are fighting it.


My mom and I...I didn't want to have to run with the camera so we took a few self timer shots before the race.
Rebecca thank you for letting me come join your team...I love you and my prayers are constantly with you!


5 comments:

Kristen said...

That is awesome, I think Cori did this last year.

Rachelle said...

Those are cute pics Nat! Thanks so much for doing this in celebration of my mom, I know it meant a lot to her (and to me).

Jenny and Jared said...

Natalie- its Jenny Peterson. I found your blog from Katie DeJongs. Small world! Hope you don't mind I read your posts. Your family is so darling. We ran the race for the cure too! Okay, I walked it- I didn't even attempt to run. It really is an amazing event. See you soon!

Annie Miller said...

I got into St. George! I may be calling you for some tips! Congrats on your runs!

Stacy said...

That looks like it was so fun! congrats on St. George.. you go girl!