This past weekend was full of fun and excitement for the Richards family. It started Friday afternoon as we made our way up to Midway, Utah. We first stopped by to wish my cousin congrats for graduation from Wasatch High. Congrats Dexter! We then made our way to the Zermatt Resort where we met up with Charlie, Holly and Kelly. The girls (Holly, Kelly and I, were spending the night at the Zermatt all by our self's while the men headed up to the cabin with the kids....thanks Collin and Grandpa!) We grabbed something to eat, chased Bode up the mountain (at least Holly did) and toured the beautiful grounds of the Zermatt. 

It was now time to bid farewell to the boys and little Peiton so our relaxation could begin!
The night was young and how we wish we were too....I'll I wanted to do is sleep, I was pooped. So, Kelly and I went to this fabulous Relaxation room where there was a fire place, the lights were dim and the heat was turned way up. It was so comfortable. We got our ipods and layed on the lounges and fell right asleep for about 1 1/2 hours. We made our way back to the room and got ready for bed. We then decided to turn on a movie which I only made it half way through. It was a very relaxing evening prior to a race day.

Saturday morning we went over to the Homestead to run their Homestead 1/2 marathon and 5k. We said "No Thank you" to the 1/2 marathon and chose to run the 5k. The route was beautiful. Midway and the Heber valley is gorgeous! We all did great taking 1st in all of our age groups (it wasn't too difficult when there was only about 50 or 60 running, there was probably only 3 people in my age group, and I got this fabulous medal which is now I believe in the garbage....I don't need anymore junk around here.)

After the race we went back to the Zermatt to meet up with our hubbies and kids. Mat and the Kunz kids met up with us too. The men were off to go golfing and the woman were left with the kids.
Collin and Charlie ready for some golfWe decided to take the kids swimming at the pool. The water was FREEZING, and Bode insisted that he stayed in the pool and not the warm hot tub. I was dying! brrrrr!

Lunch time and nothing better than good ole' Mc Donalds...alright there are many places better than Mc Donald's, but it is perfect for the kids.

After lunch we made our way up to the cabin.
Bode was so tired he put himself to sleep on the floor.
Cam and Nicky showed up and Cam taught the boys how to build a fire. They were pretty impressed. Cam also played Playstation continuously with them. Thanks Cam.We had a yummy barbecue and then headed home for the night. We always have such a great time at the cabin and it was extra fun spending the night at the Zermont. Thanks Holly for making that possible. We had a blast!

On Monday (Memorial Day) we made our way back up to Midway to visit my sister's and Grandpa's grave. This is a family tradition to meet up at the graves and then we usually will meet at my Grandma's house and play ultimate Frisbee. This year it was a little wet so we didn't get to play ultimate Frisbee. We showed up a little late at the cemetery and missed the group shot. Luckily Casey and Rachelle were late too so we could get a shot with them. The wind was so awful and cold that we didn't stay long and the cemetery.

I got some fun shots of Peiton and Matix. They are a week and 1/2 apart. Matix was so funny to pose for the camera, he knew exactly what was happening.
This year was really fun because we had my Mom's side of the family join us for lunch and Grandma and Pa's. Everyone was there except for Angie and her family and the Tillmann Fam...we missed you! It was good to visit with everyone. Grandma prepared a wonderful lunch as usual and we all had a great time.






11 comments:
Looks like a great weekend! (Rain and all!) We love Midway, Dan's family used to own half the town I think! But we go up there a lot, it's so pretty! We stayed at the Z for our anniversary last year and loved it. Have you taken the kids to the train up there ever?
What a fun & busy weekend! I want to go to a relaxation room. :) See you tonight!
That looks like so much fun. Your family is always going. I love it. I want a weekend away, I just can't decide where to go.
How did we not cross paths? I swear the entire town was pretty much empty....(Except for the Dairy Keen, which is always hopp'n).
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend away! (Busy!) I need to call you and find out all the details, and how you're managing being a single-mother!
Ok , you have done it once again.. you really need to show me how you do all of this cute stuff on your blog with all your pictures. What a fun weekend. It looks like you had a great time. I wish I had a relaxation room in my house. Way to go on the race, i can't believe you didn't keep your medal.
I love it...you are always out and about doing something fun!! I want the relaxation room in my house ASAP!! Good job with the race! You are so in shape!! I think I need to take up running....
Nat I need to take after you....QUEEN blogger. I love checking in with you and seeing what fun things your adorable family is up to!!
Natalie...You are "The Pro" when it comes to blogging. I love how you set up your photos! They are so fun to look at! And you're just gorgeous as ever!
Looks like you had a fun-filled weekend with your family. And I just love that cute picture of Bode sleeping....he must have been worn out!!!
Nat..you are a running MACHINE! Seriously..you are such an inspiration. Not like you make me want to run a marathon, but you make me want to try things that are challenging. Just not a marathon. LOL! You're awesome. Is it time for Bunco yet? ;-)
Your family is so darling! You guys are always going,going,going. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!
Can your entire family get any more cute and fun? What a fun weekend, you guys always do such great things!
Your blog always looks so cute, how do you do all the fun things with your pictures? You'll have to teach me sometime!
Post a Comment