Sunday, February 17, 2008

Books you LOVE...


So now I am asking for something that you LOVE! We are going on a cruise in 2 weeks from today and I am in need of a good book. Something that I can read on those days that I am laying out soaking in the warm sun. Now the key is, it needs to be a VERY GOOD book. I am not a big reader, so the books I read need to have some excitement, some romance, some suspense, the all inclusive book. (The Twilight series are right up my alley). So if any of you have any good reads that you LOVED, share with me.

13 comments:

Annie Miller said...

I just read "Bloody Jack" and loved it. It is a really easy read and very entertaining. It's about a girl who pretends to be a boy, joins the navy and chases pirates. It was hilarious and romantic. Good vacation book! But there's always Nora Roberts if you want a good smut book :)

Laurie said...

These Is My Words by Nancy Turner. My favorite book of all time.

Annie Miller said...

Laurie...You need to read "Bloody Jack" if you like "These is my Words." They are very similar!

Hollie said...

Nat, I can't think of any right now. I'd say "Pride and Prejudice" but I think you'd think you'd have a hard time with it, you wouldn't but I know you don't like the old fashioned English stuff. "Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood" is a really fun and cute book. I have "These is my Words" it's Stacy's, I haven't read it yet, but if you want to borrow it, I've got it.

Post-it Notes said...

I was going to suggest "These is my word" as well but several people beat me to it. There is also a sequel to that but I cant remember the name of it?? I love the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. They are just a fun read.

Mindy said...

I am so glad I found your blog (thanks to Shannon)! It is as perfect as she mentioned!
My vote for your book question would be The Traveler's Gift. I have only read a few pages myself, but I am bringing it with me to AZ this week and I promise if it doesn't meet my expectations I will let you know!
Love, Mindy (Clark) Gillen

Stacy said...

I have some nicholas sparks books, they are always a fast read and a sweet love story. you can borrow them if you want.

loulou said...

"These is my words" is a great book!

NatRat said...

I have read "These is my words,"suprisingly... I did love the book. Thanks for all your input...keep it comin!

El beef tah said...

Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work By Paul Babiak, Robert D. Hare. Its on my to do list, but i hear great things.

Laurie said...

Shoot! Have you read The Other Boylen Girl? That's good. Also, Angry Housewives Eating Bon-Bons is a good read. Kind of a fun one.

Heather D. White said...

ABSOLUTELY "These is my words!" Pick up the sequel while you are at it...'Sarah's Quilt!' - also great! I also love "Tuesdays with Morrie," "Gifts from the sea," "My sister's keeper,"......does that help? SEE YA TOMORROW !WOOOHOOO!!

Allison said...

I've been reading Shannon Hales books and really like those. Her "The Goose Girl" is the first in a series of 3 but she has more books than that.