Today in gym class, my cute instructor Debbie played this song for our cool down. It is a new song sang by Trace Adkins called, "You're gonna miss this." I was literally holding back the tears as I was listening to this song. It talks about life in general and how when we get through this stage in life, we are going to miss those times with our little ones, and miss all the fun things that we were able to do. It just made me want to run in the house and love and hug my kids. We go through life so quick, and we just can't wait until they do "this" and "that" because we want our lifes to be easier and we want to get through the hard stages. But, there is so much in this stage of life that I need to soak up and enjoy. At the Super Bowl party last night, all the sisters were talking about pregnancy, I was saying "I was pretty much done" (which I still am), and then we were saying how we wish they could come out as two year olds so we don't have to worry about the late nights, the feedings, etc. And now I feel so bad about that because I need to cherish every little moment I have with my baby, because this will probably be my last. I need to just eat her up, and eat up all the fun Bode CAN be and the things he teaches me. I need to enjoy this time with Cooper when he is learing how to read, and just learning all this new stuff, because before I know it, he will be in Junior High and friends will be his highest priority, not his lame-o mom. Sorry, to go on and on about this, but it just really hit me hard. So, thanks to Debbie for the emotional gym time, I think I really needed it. And to all of you take a minute to listen to this song, download it on I-tunes or something, it is really good and it puts things in perspective.
The Cost of Your Silence
1 year ago






10 comments:
I hear ya! Jaxon is probably my last baby too, I don't want him to grow up! And Kyra is already 4, it goes by way too fast. Hope you are doing good!
Sorry to leave you another comment. Do you go to lifetime? I know Debbie from classes at Xcel. She is so cute. I wish we lived closer to that gym.
I just downloaded this song...so now I can shed tears in the privacy of my own home! What a great song, and what an excellent message. It makes me think back to high school and how all I wanted to do was get older. Now looking back I miss the little things, but I will never have that time back. I don't want to feel that way about being a mom. I don't want to take another day for granted, and wish my kids big. (I'll start AFTER my nap!) HA HA.
I'm glad to know I am not the only that takes my life for granted at times. I am very blessed and I am trying hard not to complain about my blessings (my kids, husband, house, calling etc. etc.). Thank you for the reminder.
I love those songs that make you think. Thanks for sharing it was a beautiful song.
You're so right! I have to tell myself that when I want to scream at my kids when they're throwing balls at my laptop while I'm working. Life goes fast...I'm starting to forget already what Laila was like as a baby. It is bittersweet watching kids grow up.
I love that we all were teary-eyed, but none of us dared to cry during our "tough" weightlifting class! It is such a neat song, I had to play it for T.J. We'll have to be sure and let Debbie know how much we loved it, and that she can play us any new song she would like! And by the way - you're so creative. I am loving your little "love postings" each day. What a fun way to remind yourself of all your blessings!
I listened to that song and yes it made me cry too. It was good for me. I have just wished this last year away with Jason being gone and all, but now I have the baby and I want to cherish every moment with him. Jason's activation will come to an end sooner or later, so in the mean time I really need to enjoy everyday and stop wishing it all away. Thanks for the reminder!
I love that song too! I heard it ont the radio the first time I heard it and it touched me too.
I love this post. Thank you for reminding me to enjoy the moment. Your kids are so cute! What a darling picture of your sweet little girl!
Post a Comment