Saturday, February 9, 2008

A happy place in the mountians...

Dad and Coop ready to go down the hill
Peiton and Mommy
I LOVE to go to the cabin.
Today we spent most of the day up at the cabin. It is always seems like such a hassel to get all the things packed up for the kids and get up to the cabin, but after we get there and spend the time there, we are glad that we did it. Today we went up to get some sledding done. On the road just outside the cabin, there is a huge hill that works great as a sledding hill. We take the 4-wheeler out so it can bring us back to the top of the hill. It works out perfect because in most cases the kids are tired after walking up the sledding hill once, so this saves their energy just a little bit.
I love this picture of Bode, he is actually smiling and looking at the camera
Kelly and Cohen
Holly rented skis for Cooper and Connor to try, and they both did so good. Cooper actually wanted to put them on again and try some more, which really suprised me. Bode had fun with Grandpa going up and down the hill on the 4-wheeler. And Peiton was her smiley self as usual. Collin and I both had some fun sledding runs in. Kelly and Holly
Charlie and Logan

We always have great experiences at the cabin, and great memories. Coop loves to spend time there and can't wait to go back. Thanks Charlie and Holly for all the prep that went into this sledding trip. We had a great time. The food was way too fabulous as usual, and we loved spending time with you. Thanks for everything! LOVE you!





Cooper's first time on skis...good job buddy!



8 comments:

Kristen said...

That looks like so fun! Hope you had a great time on your date night!

Keysha said...

How fun! I hear Heber has a ton of snow...Glad to hear you didn't have to hike to the top of the hill. (Thank heavens for 4-wheelers!) Look how cute you and Peiton look.

I'm come'n home from sunny Vegas! At least it won't be as freezing when I get back!

Shannon said...

FUN! I didn't now the Richards' had a cabin. I agree that it is so much work getting ready to go out of town, even if it's only an hour away, but once you get there it is so worth it. Anyhow, now you get to look forward to putting everything away.

Amanda said...

How fun! You guys are all such a fun family. I love that picture of Bode too :) and the one with you and Peiton!

Post-it Notes said...

Looks like so much fun!!

RaCHeL said...

What a fun weekend! You and Peiton look so cute!

Lish or Coors said...

That looks like tons of fun and Cooper looks awesome on his skis! Way to go Coop!!

Marcy said...

It looks like you had such a great time at the cabin. You are so lucky to have such great in-laws. All the pictures are so adorable. Peiton is getting so big. You have such sweet kids...