Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Scales, tails and boobs..."(rated pg-13)

(This is pg-13 because I will describe some graphic material and I use the word "boob" because breast just does not do it justice. So bear with me and I sure hope you don't get offended.)

Last night Collin and I took our kids to the library to this little thing called "Scales and Tales." They had this guy and lady come with all of these different reptiles. They had scorpions (yuck), tarantulas (double yuck), iguanas (back to single yuck), tortoises (cute), and snakes (triple yuck yuck!) Cooper loved it! It was actually really interesting, the guy did a great job at making if funny and giving you a lot of information that didn't bore you to death.

So now I will get to the PG-13 part, I know you have all been waiting for it. So, Collin and I are sitting there in this room on the floor waiting for the show to start. The room is super packed and there are probably more than 60 kids and about 50 adults, families everywhere! So I look over at Collin and out of the side of my eye (she was sitting right next to us) I see this lady pull up her shirt (she was wearing no bra) take her let's say 10 month child, and latch him on to her boob. I saw full boob, full nipple and full suck, (quadruple YUCK YUCK)! I just started dying of laughter because who in the heck does that?? Collin was like what was going on, why are you laughing? So I told him, and not because he wanted to look it is just intuition to do so he looks over and sees the same thing I did. Well I guess the baby wasn't too hungry because as he looks over she is unlatching the baby and he sees it all again, but I think a little worse. We both were dying, I couldn't believe it. Well I guess the baby got hungry again because 5 minutes later she pulled out the other side and latched him right on. Holy cow, are you serious? Now let's get some things straight. I am all for breast feeding, I actually commend those that do it because I have the hardest time doing it. And I am all for breast feeding in public, I know that sometimes you have to do it in public and that is just fine, but for heaven's sake, COVER UP, and if you can't cover up, leave the room where you are not surrounded by families where all they have to do is look around and they are in a live porn show that they did not pay for, nor ask for. Sorry if this comes off a little harsh, but I just don't like to spend my FHE night looking at boob. I am just grateful Coop didn't see anything.

So anyway, on to the sweet reptiles...


They brought this snake out last. It was HUGE! It was some kind of Python. When they brought it out, Cooper jumped back so far, he was a little nervous I think. It was pretty yucky, but compared to the "B__B" it wasn't bad at all.
Here is a bunch of kids holding the snake. I don't think you would catch any of my kids up there.
A huge Iguana they brought out. This was actually really cool. I didn't get to grossed out.
Cute Coop

Bode and Dad
The tarantula, these things are yucky!

Little Pei Pei. So focus to my crotch (yes, I remind you this is a PG-13 post) Well as we were driving to the library, I started to feel something really warm on my legs. Low and behold Peiton's bottle that I had in my purse started to leak all over. It leaked perfectly on my pants to make it look like I peed my pants. I mean it was perfect. So I had to walk around like I just peed my pants. It was super fun.
Sorry the pictures aren't the best. I couldn't get my camera to work in the room and with the lighting. It was really hard to focus on anything.

15 comments:

Kathy said...

That is hilarious! I probably would have had the same reaction! At least your kids had fun!

Jacki said...

Nat we know you like "the boob" don't hide it natrat!

KEYSHA said...

What a fun-filled family home evening! Wouldn't have been complete without the boob!

Tierney said...

Yuck is right! The picture of the tarantula makes me dry heave.

Allison said...

I am cracking up! Hilarious! Who doesn't wear a bra these days? Yeesh! And I am pro-nursing. But hello, keep 'em covered ladies!

Palmer Family said...

Yikes! I would have died laughing!! That is so dang nasty. Who wants to see some random boob.

Kristen said...

Laughing at the "random boob." I don't want to see random boob or otherwise! Bras off (you know, like hats off) to those who BF and even more so to those who do it in public. I could never!!! They are called Hooter Hiders for a reason. Next baby, ladies, please register for one!

What a funny though, I'll bet you were laughing about that all night!

And what a cool library night! We went to the wrong library for our FHE I guess!

Kristen said...

What a long post I left you - sorry. But I have a fun surprise for you on my blog chickee!!

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Okay I am laughing out loud right now. You are hilarious!!! Love it;)

Post-it Notes said...

So funny! I totally agree about the boob, cover up!! Glad you had fun despite the strip show.

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

So funny! I was laughing out loud reading this post. I can't believe when women do that. I'm with you and YUCK! so funny and great FHE activity...except for the B__B.

Jodi said...

Hi Natalie! Nicky told me about your boob story and I was dying! I can't believe we didn't see it. I would have died of laughter. I need to add you guys to my blog so I can keep up with your family.

Kari said...

You are so funny!! I completely agree with your stance on covering up. I mean, they sell Hooter Hiders now for that exact reason!!

Kari said...

Oh, and glad you had fun. Sounds like a fun night. What good parents you are to go out and do things like that. I'm done!!!

Olson's said...

I dont believe it! Do you have a picture to prove it??

Hillarious!