Sunday, July 13, 2008

Camping Fun

This weekend we went camping and had a bunch of fun. I must say, it was a lot of work though, but it was worth it. The kids had a blast trying to catch chipmunks, playing in the dirt, eating junk, going on snake hunts, and just using their imaginations. It was Con-mans 5th birthday so we were able to celebrate that too. Happy birthday big boy! Cooper was fabulous, Bode was pretty good for most of the time, and Peiton, well she was Peiton, she wanted A LOT of attention. I know I have mentioned before that Bode likes to wander and really doesn't care if he wanders far away from us. So a while ago I bought him a little backpack leash (yes I know, my child is not a dog, but it is way to hard to keep track of him at times). Well I thought it would be perfect if I put the leash on and then tied a 30 ft rope to it and then tied the rope to a tree or something so he could only go so far. Well it worked for a little bit, but then he started getting tangled in the rope and really frustrated, so my idea kind of blew up in my face. But good thing for the dirt, after the first hour of being there I think he got as much dirt as possible on his little body. He loved it!

I was surprised how cold it got at night. I wasn't thinking it would get that cold. It made me worry that my kids were going to freeze. Cooper and Bode slept pretty well. But Peiton, after we got her to sleep, slept until about 4am and then woke up screaming (sorry fellow campers) she had no idea where she was and was freaked out. Collin ended up taking her to the car to calm her down and once she was calm he brought her back, she freaked out again. Back to the car they went. He ended up putting her in her car seat and got her back to sleep and there was no room for him to go because there was still stuff in the back and he couldn't lay the seats down so he tried to sleep sitting up. Didn't work so well, he ended up using all the batteries in the flash light reading the People magazine. So it was a long night (especially for Collin) and we were beat the next day.

Check out was at 1:00pm, we had lunch and came home. After we got things cleaned up Collin and I sat down and we were dead to the world, we were so tired! We both could have gone to bed at 4:00 and slept until morning...doesn't happen with 3 kids. But like I said before it was all worth it, we had a great time and hope to go camping more. Maybe next time we will leave the Pei Pei at home.

9 comments:

Doug & Angie Gray said...

Camping with kids is so fun huh. Me and Doug say all the time gosh it isn't as fun as when we were kids. Because we didn't have to do all the work. Our tent trailer has made it fun again though.

Amanda said...

Looks like tons of fun! I have been dying to go camping (as weird as that may sound)
I love all your cute digital scrapbooking on your blog, it always looks darling!
Hope you and Collin get caught up on your rest soon! :) The joys of being a parent!

Lish or Coors said...

Sounds like it was a lot of work.......but lots of fun none the less!! I'm not sure how Matix would do with sleeping out like that either......we may have to give it a whirl.

Aly said...

Wow you are a good Momma to do that with your kids. Wow!! The pictures are so darling. Your blog rocks!

Keysha said...

Sounds like a lot of fun (and a lot of work!) But, it's things like this that kids remember most! I am still chuckling about Collin reading his "People" magazine!

Oh, and you've got me SUPER DUPER excited for Myka camping this weekend:)

Summer said...

Why isn't there a picture of you and Collin wearing superhero capes in there? ;-)

I love how you're scrapping as you go- way to stay current! I'm getting so daunted by trying to match the work I did on Mia's first year book for the babies. Inspiring, you are...

Allison said...

We love to go camping. We bought a little tent trailer a few years ago and now I am too spoiled to sleep in a tent. Looks like so much fun. Darling pages.

Annie Miller said...

Ooooh I miss camping and mountains! Love your pages. You'll have to share where you found your cute kit!

Stacy said...

The first time we went camping with out kids, there was a thunderstorm, our tent blew over and Britta threw up in my hands twice.... and we were not even really camping, we were just pitched on the lawn at Cherry Hills...nevertheless...we have not done it since. Maybe this year we will give it a go. And by the way, tying your son to a tree has to be some form of child abuse.. maybe you are not as darling as I thought.