Sunday, July 6, 2008

One HOT Fourth of July weekend!

We had a great 4th of July weekend, and I must say it was super hot! We started it out on Thursday night when we thought it would be fun to go to the parade. The parade was fun but it was sooo hot! We were faced directly towards the sun and I swear it was still 100 degrees at 7:00 at night. If you look closely at the pics of Cooper, you can see the sweat dripping from his face and his hair line is drenched. Collin and I were just thinking "we are gonna give our kids heat stroke!" But once the parade started going, you had more to think about then the heat and we ended up having a great time.



On the Fourth we spent the morning hanging out at home and getting the kids all napped up for our fun evening. We went over to Collin's parents at about 3:00 and the festivities began. They had their water slide blown up, a pool, and Kelly and Mat brought a bounce house, the kids were in heaven! We played and played until we were starving and had to stop to eat some yummy grub. There is nothing better than a big ole' hamburger on the 4th of July...and it was delish!
Nat, Court, Nicky
Peiton, Holly, Aunt Emeline, Grandma Ruth, Kelly


Collin and I were in charge of putting a few challenges together for everyone to participate it.
1st Challenge: Relay race- hop in pillow cases to Sports Court, make 2 shots outside of the key, make a bubble with bubble gum (hard), hop back in pillow case.
2nd Challenge: Do a triceps hold sitting on a chair with legs up.
3rd Challenge: Everyone had to put together the same puzzle..fastest wins!
4th Challenge: You got a bag of 20 large marshmallows the person who could eat the most in 1 minute wins.
5th Challenge: Huge water balloon toss.
6th Challenge: Run back and forth dunking a sponge in a pool of water and running it back to a empty bucket. The one to get the most water in their bucket in 2 minutes wins.
Everyone had a great time. The Kunz's ended up being the champs! Go Kunz's!








After the challenges some of us roasted marshmallows and we had some yummy cake from "Nothing Bundt Cakes." When then thought it was dark enough for our firework show. Cooper was so excited to see fireworks, he was talking about it all day. Cameron did a great firework show for us. By the end of the show, we were all pooped, Bode was asleep and I was about gone too. Off to home we went for a good night rest. Thanks for the great time Holly and Charlie, you always make it so much fun!
On Saturday night we had a fun time at our friends The Jones' for a barbecue and fireworks. When we first got there we were about ready to leave...Bode was having a moment, a big time melt down and there was no way we were sticking around with him acting like that. I decided to throw a hot dog in his face and that kid will do anything for a hot dog. After he ate it, or both of them, he was one happy kid and the rest of the night went smoothly until he decided he was way too tired to function. We always have such a great time with our fun neighbors.
Thanks to everyone that made our holiday superb!

13 comments:

Laurie said...

You do the cutest online scrapbooking I've seen. And it helps that ya'll are so good looking too. I'm excited for bunco on Thursday....

RaCHeL said...

You guys always do such fun things! I'm glad you had a great weekend. I miss you!

p.s. you have some killer triceps! You could kick some serious butt! :)

Anonymous said...

It wouldn't have been complete without The Richards Family so I am glad we were able to make Bode happy! He is the cutest little guy. We love all of you so much. Thanks for coming and celebrating with us!!

Amanda said...

Could you and your family be any cuter AND any more fun? Seriously, you guys are the best! Looks like you had a fabulous 4th!!! I love how you all get together and do such fun activities.

Love all the cute pics of everyone!!

Jacki said...

Oh Nat Rat looks like you had a lot more fun tham me!!! Cut pics and digital scrapbooking. You go girl!

Tebbs Times said...

I need you to tutor me on this whole blog thing....you rule Nat!!

The Sorensen Family said...

You have the cutest family!! You are always doing something fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Natalie for doing this great blog. It makes me smile everytime I look at it.
Julie

Brittany said...

What a fun weekend! sounds like a blast, I'm sure the kid's had a blast. Could you have a funner family?

Rachelle said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun Nat! and I love all your pictures.

Keysha said...

What a fabulous 4th you had! You do such an awesome job of capturing every moment! I am so impressed with your blogging skills--you rock!

Every time I check your blog I say to myself, "What will Nat have up this time?"

Stacy said...

um uh huh, did you notice what I noticed?

Allison said...

I love your scrapbook pages! How do you get them done so fast? You are truly amazing! Looks like so much fun. I love the 4th.