Last night I went to Mamma Mia with all my sisters and my mom. I loved it! I saw the Broadway production a couple of years ago with our friends the Peck's. It kind of was a last minute decision and there were only a few seats left. Low and behold when we got there, our seats were the very last row on the balcony at the Capital Theater. We sat through the whole show squinting, wiping the blood off our noses and listening to this sound the whole time...chaa, chaa, choo....chaa, chaa, choo....we had a sweet gentlemen next to us that was on oxygen and that is what we heard the whole time. We crack up whenever we think about it. Besides all of that I did enjoy the show.
Well last year my mom took me and all of my sisters to see it at the Capital Theatre again, we had much better seats! I absolutely loved it! I loved the acting, the singing and the music was awesome!
Stacy and Alisha (Stacy had a thing for Collin Firth especially at the end when he is dancing with his shirt off...ohh baby. And Alisha didn't agree with me on Pearce's singing...she loved it, right Alisha?)Last night was awesome too! It is just a fun, happy show that leaves you in the best mood. My friend Heidi describes it the best. She did a great review of the show on her blog. I thought Meryl Streep did a great job, Sophie (which is the chick in Mean Girls, another fabulous movie) did a good job and I LOVED the mom's friend, the short haired one, I swear she is the one in the Broadway play, it looks just like her. She was hilarious! Now as for Pearce Bronsan...super goofy, not so much a singer, but good to look at. The movie in all just makes you want to get up and dance and at the end Stacy and I couldn't help it, we got up and boogied! That is what I love about the play, at the end everyone is on their feet shakin' it, is should be the same way in the theatres. So if you are looking for a fun girls night, I would suggest this film, a little cheesy but a lot of fun.
I am so lucky to have such a fun mom and a bunch of fun sisters. We always have a great time together. Love ya gals!







8 comments:
I had to go see it again last night!
I want to go see it so badly! You girls are a crack up! Love it!
AHAHAHAHA.....great pics!! I really love Stacy's face in the top one. And NO....I don't believe I disagreed with you with regards to Pierce. That was more awkward than sitting in church trying not to burst out laughing while watching the 10 year old play the violin horribly with her parents sitting right behind you. I only know this because it's happened to me before and it's EXTREMELY uncomfortable! I think they should have tryouts for sacrament performances.
That was actually me...ALISHA that wrote that comment above....ooops....apparently we need tryouts for blogging as well!
I think we need a re-do with our Capital Theater experience....let's try something again and get better seats!!!
I am still waiting to see this movie. It looks great. Maybe you can see it for the second time and go with some of the girlies.
Oh, and yes..I am posting this at 1:29 a.m. Don't let me EVER drink caffeine after 5 pm....BIG MISTAKE. I am wired and cannot sleep.
So fun! Can't wait for the talent show:)
Going tonight! Can't wait.
Natalie you KNOW you were the one that was hot for Collin Firth with his shirt off in the end..C'mon.
That was so fun I want to do it all again!
Post a Comment