Yesterday my mom took all of us to This is the Place Monument. It has been a tradition to go every year sometime around the 24th of July. I think this is the 4th year going. Each year it gets better and better. They seem to add more and more fun things for the kids to do. We got up there about 12:00 and had a lunch and didn't leave until 5:00 and there was still things that we didn't do that we would have loved to do. And the older Cooper gets the more interested he gets in the things they have. I think they have done a great job and trying to make you feel like you are actually back in the days of the pioneers. I really can't imagine living in those times. It is incredible the things they went through and the living circumstances they had. They were really brave people and did the best they could with what they had. We are so spoiled with all the many things we have and I feel like our kids (at least mine) take it for granted, they don't realize the blessings we have. I am so grateful for the pioneer heritage and the struggles they went through for our behalf. I learned more about Mary Fielding Smith and was a remarkable woman she was and the things she had to go through by herself with all of her children.
So anyway there is my deep thoughts for the day or I guess for the year, since I really am not that deep of a person. We all had a great time and by the end of the day the kids were crashed, especially Bode. I think the parents were a little crashed too. The moms were dropping like flies, Alisha had to leave a little early so we kept Dakota and Hollie left early (bless her heart and her little stinker Kate) so we were left with 4 strollers and basically 3 adults that were around to push them. It got crazy at times but we managed. Thanks Mom for the great time and the fabulous memories. 
The Cost of Your Silence
1 year ago
















5 comments:
Love the picture of Mom and Peiton. Looks like you guys had fun, maybe next year Lady Katherine will be a bit more cooperative...
How cute is this! You are amazing with blogging and digital scrapbooking!
Hey, I'd love to access Stacy's blog, too, but it looks like it's only for people who are able to get on. Any way to email her or something and ask her if I can have access? Hannahlujah@msn.com
That looks like a ball. We've never been there sorry to say. I love your digi papers. You are really multi-talented. I gave you and Lou Lou a quick honk yesterday on your super long run. You hot mamma's you!
Fun! Stacy cut her hair!!! It looks so dang cute! I miss you guys!
You know, I haven't been there since we came up to Utah from CA for Youth Conference. And I was a youth, not a chaperone...so a loooong time ago! Looks like fun, I'll have to take the kids.
Post a Comment