On Wednesday night, my darling husband decided to injure himself. (Well I guess he did not decide to, it just kind of happened.) He was playing a vigorous game of basketball at the gym and injured his knee. He got home about midnight from the gym and told me he was on his way to the ER. His good friend Chad was taking him there and his dad was going to meet them. They were at the ER until about 2 in the morning and then he just went home with his dad and spent the night there (this was the night that the snow was a comin' down and the roads were awful). So, they took some x-rays and couldn't find anything wrong. He went to a Specialist on Friday morning who has now ordered a MRI to be done on Monday. So we will see how it all comes together. I don't know if I should hope nothing is wrong and he will just have to deal with the pain (he is in a lot of pain) until it heals, or hope that there is something wrong so they can fix it. I think both ways are kind of a bummer. Now the bigger bummer is that we are leaving for a cruise in two weeks and if he has to walk around on crutches the whole time it will kind of put a damper on the whole thing. He does assure me that he will still be in good spirits for the cruise and everything will be okay. The other bad thing is that I am not a very sympathetic wife, I get this from my mother (thanks MOM!), she never really babied us when we were sick, unless she knew we were really sick, we had to buck up and move on. And I think I carried this on to myself. So, honey I am trying a little bit more to be sympathetic because I know that you are in a lot of pain. It just makes me realize on how much I depend on you to do things for me, and not having you constantly at my side is kind of a bugger. So, I guess on Tuesday we will find out what the deal is. I will be sure to keep you all posted.
The Cost of Your Silence
1 year ago






4 comments:
What a bummer! Hope he's feeling better to do the outdoor adventure. No gimps allowed on the zip-lines :)
Of course he will be in good spirits. Is Collin ever not?
Collin that is so lame, Natalie welcome to my world. Sorry about the cruise though.
Who cares if he is a "gimp"...you are going on a cruise! I'd be perfectly content lying on the beach and doing absolutely nothing.
Post a Comment