One of my most fondest memories growing up would have to be the Valentine's dinner that my mom would make every year. My dad would take all the kids to a movie or something, just to get out of the house and my mom would stay home preparing this fabulous dinner. When we came home we would have to be blind folded downstairs so we could not see what she had prepared. Once we were all downstairs she would bring us our appetizer for the evening. Soon after we were blindfolded up one by one and taken upstairs to our seat. There we would see this beautiful candle lit table, darling decorations, and scrumptous food. We all LOVED it so much. And one of the most favorite things about the dinner was that afterwards she did ALL the dishes, we did not have to do anything. Valentines dinner is something I will always remember.
Because I loved this tradition so much, I decided when Collin and I got married, I would continue to do it with our family. So, for the past 9 years I have been making a Valentine dinner. Until our kids get a little older I have been inviting people to come over for the last little while. It is something I LOVE to prepare, and I find enjoyment in doing it. The last couple years I have invited friends over and last night was the record on how many people were there. We had 12 adults and 11 kids (counting 2 babies), we had quite the crowd. (But what is 25 people, we all have a blast together, I have some of the most amazing neighbors...very lucky!) Because it is tradition, I won't let anyone see the whole dinner display until it is absolutely ready. So everyone is jammed upstairs, kids and all. But I feel that everything turned out great and everyone had a good time. Here a few pics of the dinner....sorry some of them,actually most of them, didn't really turnout that well. If I get better ones, I will have to post.
Because I loved this tradition so much, I decided when Collin and I got married, I would continue to do it with our family. So, for the past 9 years I have been making a Valentine dinner. Until our kids get a little older I have been inviting people to come over for the last little while. It is something I LOVE to prepare, and I find enjoyment in doing it. The last couple years I have invited friends over and last night was the record on how many people were there. We had 12 adults and 11 kids (counting 2 babies), we had quite the crowd. (But what is 25 people, we all have a blast together, I have some of the most amazing neighbors...very lucky!) Because it is tradition, I won't let anyone see the whole dinner display until it is absolutely ready. So everyone is jammed upstairs, kids and all. But I feel that everything turned out great and everyone had a good time. Here a few pics of the dinner....sorry some of them,actually most of them, didn't really turnout that well. If I get better ones, I will have to post.
MenuPepperoni pinwheels-appetizer
Spinach artichoke dip w/bread and chips-appetizer
Berry Salad
Rolls
Cranberry Pork
Heart shaped twice baked potatoes
Orange glazed Asparagus
Chocolate Ice Cream dessert
Cookie Dough Truffles

All our little Valentine's....

Adult table

Sorry :( the pic is really dark...

Kids table






9 comments:
Cute Nat, you've out done yourself with 25 people. That is a great tradition and I think all of us will carry it on.
What a cute Valentine Table. I remember coming to one of your yummy Valentines Dinners (remember when you invited Holly and I over when I lived with her.) We had Manicoti (spell wrong I am sure) and garlic bread with salad. I was just telling my Mom about that the other day. It was so yummy. I thought it was a fun tradition.
Wow Nat! Way to go. I remember when we got to come in 2004. It was DELICIOUS!! I see the hospital band on Collin, is he OK?
Nat you are amazing! You are the best wife, mom and friend.
Thanks for all you do! I don't know what I would do without all of you:)
Love you Leisha
Yet another fabulous Valentine dinner at the Richards! (I feel so lucky to be a part of it!) You worked your rear off....and then had to continue working it off today cleaning up the mess we all left behind. The food was fabulous (of course) and the company was outstanding! You made everybody's Valentine's Day awesome. Thanks for all you do and for being the friend and neighbor that you are....You truly are one in a million!
How fun! I was racking my brain trying to come up with an idea for V-day and all I came up with was baking brownies (cue the depressing music). Anyhow, it looks like you had a great time. Happy Valentine's Day!
You’re so amazing! I can’t tell you enough on how great you are. Your Valentine’s dinner was simply fantastic. Let’s not forget the awesome atmosphere that you created. I can’t remember when I’ve had a better V-day. Thanks for all your hard work and for including us in your awesome tradition. I love how excited Cooper was before the dinner and how much he was looking forward to it. You’re such a great person to go through all the work to make things so special for your family and friends. We are so grateful to have such fabulous friends.
Natalie is one damn good cook!
Yeah, you are definitely the cutest girl I know. What a great idea.
Post a Comment