One of my top 5 favorite holidays has always been Valentines day. I guess there are a few reasons why...I guess Valentines pops up in the middle of February when I am always desperately looking forward to something to happen to get me through the dry spells of the long winter. And the other reason would be looking forward to making Valentine's dinner for the ones I love. Growing up my mom would do this for my family and it is a tradition that I have always wanted to keep doing in my family. I loved the excitement of my mom blind folding us as she took us upstairs to the candle lite table with a yummy dinner awaiting us, the best part was we didn't have to do any dishes! (that really wasn't the best part, but was nice to not have to worry about)
This year it will be the 11th Valentine's dinner I have cooked for Collin...11, that is pretty crazy that we have been each others Valentine for that long.
The fun part about this is that we get to invite a few people each year to enjoy the fun time (they probably find it a little crazy that they are sent upstairs to my bedroom where I bring them appetizers to enjoy...I can't really remember hanging out in any of my friends or families bedroom. If we had a finished basement that is where they would be hanging out). This year we decided to have Collin's family over, we missed you Court and Matt:(
The fun part about this is that we get to invite a few people each year to enjoy the fun time (they probably find it a little crazy that they are sent upstairs to my bedroom where I bring them appetizers to enjoy...I can't really remember hanging out in any of my friends or families bedroom. If we had a finished basement that is where they would be hanging out). This year we decided to have Collin's family over, we missed you Court and Matt:(

Peiton helped me out in the kitchen for a little bit and then she would run back upstairs to join the fun.
When the food was all ready, I called everyone to come down (too many people to blindfold one by one) and find their name tags. This is what they saw....
Garlic baked Chicken
Twice baked potatoes in heart shape
Orange butter asparagus
Heart shape rolls
Strawberry spinach salad
Heart shaped cheese pizza
Salad
Red heart Jello

The "Lovey Dubby" couplesI hope everyone had a great time, I always have such a fun time making this dinner and putting it all together. And probably the best time of the night would have had to be Cam's hilarious, uncontrollable laugh!! He was crying he was laughing so hard, I have never seen him laugh this hard. So thanks for the good laugh Cam!
Love you guys!










12 comments:
Nat...you are truly amazing. I seriously love all the fun traditions you have. I especially love that we all get to partake in the fun times these traditions bring.
I remember last Valentines...seriously, you can't beat it. I love ya tons!!!
Oh man! What torture; that looks absolutely amazing! I'm sure Collin's family loved it (and appreciated your hard work). Eleven years you have been doing this?? Wow! I just can't believe you have it all on the plates; I can never time food that way! Well done Martha Stewart.
That seriously is AMAZING! I've never been a big fan of V-day... but I think that will change now! Thanks for sharing those wonderful ideas!
That is so COOL!! I love that you do that! Everything sounds and looks so yummy - what a great tradition!! You are so great with all the little details too, name cards, pink drinks, heart shaped food...too cute!
Fun stuff Nat. I feel hurt you didn't invite us.
Are you kidding me? I need to stop looking at your blog because your making me feel bad. I tried cooking dinner our first Valentines. Jared was so sweet and ate it, but it really didn't turn out. Good thing I have gotten better. Your dinner looks fancy!! I love it.
Natalie...I've said this before and I'm going to say it again, "You inspire me!!!"
You are the best hostess ever! I don't think I could even get dinner done let along dinner that has heart shaped everything! You amaze me! BTW I need your Rio dressing recipe.
OH WOW!!! U rock NatRat!!!
For Valentines this year... We spent it in Mesquite, for Bretts Baseball camp!
Hey Maybe Next year U should invite ME!!! Looks like to Good of food TO PASS!!!!!!!!!
I love this tradition. What a great Idea, I can't believe all of the work you put into it-How do you do it all? Your amazing, thats all I can say.
Thank you for the wonderful night Nat. We LOVED it and had a great time. We really appreciate all you did to make it a special night. You're wonderful!!!
How fun!!! I have only heard WONDERFUL things about your great dinner. Wish we could have been there. You are so Great and I think this is such a fun tradition for you. Love you and miss you guys!
Post a Comment