Thursday, December 6, 2007

Live Nativity

The three wise men

The activity on the chain today, was go to the live nativity. My sisters stake puts on a live nativity ever year. It is so neat! The work they put into this is amazing. We went with the Peck's and had a real good time.


The clan

We probably had to wait in line for about an hour, which didn't seem that long. The temp was pretty good until the last 5 minutes and then it got a little brisk. Collin probably wasn't doing to well though, he had to hold Bode on his shoulders for the whole hour, I would say he got his neck workout.

The neck workout (your such a good sport Collin!)

So, basically what goes on at this live nativity is, they have decorated the church pavilion into the town of Bethlehem. There is so much detail that went into it. They have people doing their certain jobs in the city, pottery makers, bakery, beggar's, etc. And at the end they have someone come out of a hotel door and say "there is no room in the inn," and then around the corner there is baby Jesus with Mary and Joseph. It was perfect! The tears started to swell up in my eyes. This little baby that played baby Jesus was perfect. He was laying there with no clothes on wrapped in white blankets, perfectly sound, just sleeping. Mary and Joseph were looking at him so intent, it couldn't have been better.

The family

I am so glad that we took the time to go this year. I think Cooper really enjoyed it too. I have kind of been struggling trying to get into the Christmas spirit, and this really helped a lot. Hopefully my family and I can focus on the real meaning of Christmas this year. Thank you to the stake that put it on, they do an amazing job. It will continue to be a tradition in our family.

They had so many types of animals there. Donkeys, chickens, uma's (aka lama, I kind of forgot what they were called) and the best of all, they had a camel. I real life camel, named Max. I thought he had the cutest face, I had to get a picture. (Ignore the cheesy grin..on me, not the camel)

  • Day 6- Live Nativity

3 comments:

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

I love the cheese grin on your last picture. it's so cute but I love camel's too! they are so cool. They smell but they are so cool.

Aly said...

So cute. I love this little tradition that you are doing. I have never been to the live nativity I think I probably should since it's my stake. So dang cute. Your fam is so darling, you look beautiful!! I love your hair. I really want to see you too!! I would love it. Love your fam, Love your blog, love everything. :)

KEYSHA said...

What a great time had with the Richards....thanks to the good company the line didn't take long. What a neat thing to do--let's do it again next year!