Tuesday, August 26, 2008

{Back to school for Bode}

Bode started his second year of preschool today and o'boy was he excited, just about as excited as I was. Call me a bad mother but I have been looking forward to this day for the last couple of weeks. It is such a good break for me, the bus picks him up at 10:35 and he gets home about 1:45, I can get sooo much done. And what is even more awesome about it is that he LOVES it! When I pulled out his backpack that he hasn't used since June, he knew exactly what was happening, he went and put it on and went right to the door. It made me so happy. We went outside to wait for the bus and he waited patiently until we saw it coming down the street. When he saw the bus he got this HUGE grin and started his hands and arms went crazy, he was so excited. He jumped on the bus said hi to Debbie, his cute bus driver, and was on his way. When he got home he was as happy as could be and emptied his backpack to show me what was inside. It was a great day for both of us. I am so grateful for the programs the state has for kids with disabilities. The people that work with them are so good and care so much about these children. They really impress me and I am so glad that Bode gets to be a part of it.

8 comments:

KEYSHA said...

Oh man! He is one sweet kid. I love that he knew what the backpack was for--and waited patiently at the door for the bus! Hooray for Bode (and for school and awesome people who love to teach!)

I hope you enjoyed your couple of hours of 'girl time.' I'm assuming you went and got your cycle shoes all ready for class:)

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Okay he is so stinkin cute! I mean could there be a more special little boy:) We sure love him.

I love that he was so excited about the bus! I can just picture him waving his arms when he saw it.

I am glad that he enjoys it, I am sure it makes it much easier for you to send him on his way!!

Oh and BTW....you are one of the BEST mothers I know!! I wish I could be more like you.

Marcy said...

Hooray for BODE (and for you)!!! What a great kid. I’m so happy that he loves going to school. You’re an awesome mom; everyone needs and deserves a break now and then. I just can’t believe he is almost 4 years old.

KJlovesBubba said...

Who doesn't fall in love with your little boy?! I love his sweet spirit. Even I was excited for Jesse to be going to school and the break that gives me (and his little brother) - heck, I wish there was all-day kindergarten at his school!
By the way, I guess I've been caught blogstalking! ;)

Hollie said...

That's cute, glad you have your break time back.

Stacy said...

You deserve some time to yourself, it will keep your mind healthy and happy so don't feel guilty because you are the BEST MOM and you are so darling.

Kristen said...

I love that he got so excited. I love that you got a break. That makes everyone SO much happier doesn't it!! He sure is a handsome little guy!

Allison said...

I don't think that anyone is a bad mom for wanting/needing time alone or with fewer kids to get a few things done. When else would be do it? Bode really is a cutey!