Friday, August 1, 2008

"Tuppence a Bag..."


Lately I feel as though I should be singing "Tuppence a bag," you know the song Mary Poppins sings when she is feeding ALL the many birds, the one that goes...."feed the birds, tuppence a bag...tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag. Feed the birds, tuppence a bag..."
My new neighbors, bless their hearts, they are so sweet and they are so sweet to the birds. I think they have 16 plus bird feeders in their yard. So when you have 16 plus bird feeders in your yard you are doomed to have a lot, and I mean a lot of birds. The other morning I came home from running and there were probably 20 birds on my roof, 12 on my fence and like 11 on the ground. I feel as I should be like Mary Poppins and sing to them, make them my friends, and if I make them my friends maybe they won't poop all over my house!

10 comments:

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Okay! Cute new blog:) You are amazing. You should totally sing to them I hear it helps with the mess!

Hahahaha! You are hilarious!

Tebbs Times said...

Nat, thanks for your comment...I thought of you when my bro and sis in law had Sam. I know that they would love to talk to you, I am positive that you can offer them words of advice and comfort. Will you email me your phone #'s again? I will give you their numbers as well. Thanks for your sweetness. I am just so sad that they live in Ogden..it isn't as easy to get up that way lately. I am already having withdrawls from my family. Doug and Tausha will LOVE to talk to you! Thanks again!!

debtebbs@comcast.net in case you lost it!!

Heidi Totten said...

THAT is why there are so many birds around?!

KEYSHA said...

Every time I walk by her house you can hear the birds! They are everywhere. Rachel pointed out all the bird feeders and it was an 'ah ha' moment for me....It all made sense.

There are really have been an increased number of birds around this year! Lucky you...Just wait till those puppy's get bigger...you'll be hearing more than birds singing ;)

Annie Miller said...

I hate birds--all of them. I'm sorry your neighbors lure them in. Do you need to borrow my bb gun? That does wonders for bird poop :0)

btw cute new layout. I need to get my rolling!

RaCHeL said...

That's awesome! I'd probably be bugged, so if you can sing to them, you go girl! I love your new look by the way! So cute!

Stacy said...

Or maybe if you sang to them they would start helping you with chores around their house, I don't know for sure but it always works for the disney princesses.

Jacki said...

Lucky bird lady. I want to be Mary Poppins.

Kristen said...

Yeah and they are coming over to my porch, trying to pull apart my wreath to build a nest and pooping all over my antique wicker set. Stupid birds. We want to start stealing her birds feeders at night, but we are not done freeing the trees yet.

I really clean bird poop off my porch every night. It's getting so annoying!

brandonandlexee said...

Hey don't know what to tell ya but I am somewhat afraid of birds, I just feel like they could dive at me any minute if they wanted to. I know I'm wierd. Just wanted to let you know that Amanda finally wore me down and I have blog now. Raise your hand if you think Nat should teach a class on how to have the most decorated blog out there, Dang!