Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve & season greetings...

Day 24- Christmas Eve festivities & the Richards wish you a Merry Christmas!

“Twas the yearly happenings in the Richards Family”

Twas the night of Thanksgiving, Natalie sat in her house
Reminiscing the past year, with Collin her spouse.
The time has now come to send cards out to share,
In hopes to make contact with those whom we care.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of Christmas time danced in their heads.
And mama in her pj’s, in a blanket did wrap,
To write this poem of a 2008 recap.

When down in the kitchen there arose such a clatter,
For a bucket of paint did tip over and splatter.
Once again have I painted a room in our home,
For I like to constantly change the place that I roam.

One accomplishment that I’d like you to know,
The St. George marathon I did run, that my shoes surely show.
Obsessed with diets and workouts and keeping house clean,
I keep busy, doing the mommy thing.

With Collin life stays so lively and quick,
Except for the month that his knee was too sick.
A basketball injury, then surgery came,
Luckily a cruise to Mexico his injury did not maim.

Now Cooper! Now Bode! Now Peiton and Nat!
A good father and husband, we are sure of that.
Replaced the main floor, UTES WON! He’s so merry,
And he still makes us watch “Little House on the Prairie.”

Now Cooper leaves every morning for first grade
And this past year in baseball he played.
He’s starting to read and play basketball too
And loves to ask questions like all seven year-olds do.


Coop’s the best big brother any kid could wish for.
He lets Bode wrestle him right to the floor.
And Peiton, she loves her older brother,
For he cuddles and protects her, she wouldn’t have any other.

Next there is Bode; he works on his own time.
But for a four year-old with downs, he is definitely in his prime.
Still waiting for first words and diaper-free days,
He likes to sneak over to the neighbor’s and resume his play.

His favorites consist of watching all movies,
Reenacting all the actions, we think it’s pretty groovy.
He loves cheese quesadillas and going to preschool on the bus,
He sure is the light in the lives of all of us.

Last but not least there is Princess Peiton
With her, the drama of a girl, we know has just begun.
Now she is one and loves the attention on her,
Loves to scream, loves to laugh, loves her daddy for sure.

Pei Pei’s all over the place, crawling from here over to there,
And she can even walk, but on her own she does not dare.
We love her sweet personality and are so glad she is here,
And look forward to seeing her grow even more this year.

That’s a quick run down of our year, we hope you enjoyed
And that the length of this poem, of you it did not annoy.
We find ourselves so blessed with great family and friends,
We wanted to share the events of our year up till its end.

Springing into this holiday season, let us remember our savior dear,
He is the reason we celebrate, during this exciting time of year.
Hold close your family and friends, the ones that make your life bright,
And
:”Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!”

Written with help from the all talented, Hollie Sorenson! Thanks Haws!

10 comments:

Preslee said...

When I got ur card in the mail! I read the poem to my family like 70 thousand times!
Ur a poet and u know it!
I am extremly excited to see all the v-dubs at the party tonight!
( are u excited to see us HICKS? )

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

SOOOO CUTE!! You guys are truly the greatest family. We are so blessed to have you in our lives!

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

Love ya tons!

Em said...

Love the Picture. Have a great Christmas

KEYSHA said...

I love it! You are such a clever gal; you and you're way with words. What a wonderful way to recap the year. i was extra lazy and just sent a card!!! Maybe next year I'll hire you to write a poem for the Pecks!

Merry Christmas and lots of Love!~

Preslee said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!
And
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Heidi Totten said...

I love it! I might tease Collin about The Little House on the Prairie now. :) Merry Christmas! You guys are awesome!

Annie Miller said...

This was so clever! I totally laughted while I was reading it. I printed my cards through a professional printer I am set up with for my photography biz. I did not make them. They are commercial templates I purchased. They up the price on commercial so photographers can sell them to clients at a marked up price...but with the great papers out there...it's not hard to make your own. You got skills!!

brandy said...

Nat...that was SO creative!! You are truly amazing! I LOVED your year recap! You guys are the cutest family who are always up to something fun! Love you!

brandonandlexee said...

That takes a lot of thinkin'!!! :) Thanks for sending one to us...it is so darling!

Summer said...

Ha!! Adorable! What an enjoyable family Christmas card- way to go you guys- ;D It was fun to see you at the party- too bad it was so short... for us... with whiny jet-lagged babies... :( Next time!

Happy New Year!!