Sunday, December 7, 2008

"The Christmas Sweater"

Day 6- "The Christmas Sweater"

For The Richards adult Christmas activity, Collin's parents planned going to see Glen Beck perform "The Christmas Sweater." I must admit that I am not really into talk radio or anything political, I wasn't quite sure what I was going to. Hollly gave us the book to read up on and I actually did read the book and found it pretty good. So I was excited to see how this whole production was going to come about. Kelly, my sister-in-law turns 30 in about a week and 1/2 so we were celebrating that too. First we made our way to....


Which is very delicious and tummy bulging because you eat soooo much. But it wasn't a disappointment this time, we loved it.

We then made our way to the E-center, waited at a dead stop in traffic trying to get to the E-center, finally in fear of being late it was 7:20, the show started at 7:30, Charlie did a U-turn right over the island in the middle of the road and got us there right on time! Way to do it Charlie!
Now for those that have read "The Christmas Sweater, know that it is a pretty good story. It has a great meaning and like I said before I was excited to see how things came about in a performance of it. Basically it was Glen Beck up there telling the story in all different personalities, it was actually very different and VERY dramatic. I had a hard time determining if he was sincere at parts or if it was just acting. But like I said before, it has a great meaning and the music he had really brought the Christmas spirit, and it was just entertaining watching him play the parts.
Well when all was said and done, we had a great time. We could have just gone and sat at Collin's parents house and talked because no matter what, when all of us get together without kids...let me emphasize, WITHOUT kids, we roll some serious guts. Collin has such a great family that is always up for a good time. So, Holly and Charlie thank you for another fabulous Christmas outing, we loved it and love the time we get to spend with you. And Haws thanks for taking the kids, your awesome!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Natalie for the nice things you said. We had a fun time being with all of you. Next time we could just go to dinner and drive around and laugh alot. I did like the meaning that was given through his message though.

KEYSHA said...

Fun evening out! You Richards are always up to something fun and exciting! (Tempenyaki never disappoints!)

Preslee said...

I love Tempanyaki. ( how do u spell that ) I hope u guys had fun!