Sunday, December 21, 2008

Church and hand-me-downs...

I always love to get the kids all dressed up on the Sunday before Christmas. This year it didn't really go as planned, but is worked out okay and I saved a little money. The plan was to have them all in red, black, white and grey. Cooper, I got him a new sweater and he had some grey slacks and I thought he had some black shoes, which he did, but they were to big (hand-me-downs) we put them on last night and his foot looked 10 times bigger than it was. Doubling up the socks wasn't going to work:( so his outfit didn't really work out.
Then there was Bode, I bought him some new black shoes for his outfit (which he is not wearing) and I decided they were too much money for one pair of black church shoes that he would wear twice, so I opted out on putting him in the Christmas outfit I got for him. Instead I got out a old red sweater and his brown cords. Now I will take back his black shoes and the black cords that went with his hand-me-down sweater.
As for Peiton, everything worked out great and she looked darling (I thought, besides the rash she has all over her face that I can't figure out what it is). She was wearing a darling hand-me-down dress that was worn by a few of Stacy's girls.
Anyway, they all turned out darling and like I said before, I saved some money and don't you love hand-me-downs? They are the best!

Merry Christmas everyone! I can't believe we are almost there! So exciting!!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I thought your kids all looked darling! I had to be creative with the outfits too - getting new for all 3 this year was just not happening! I got Lauren's dress on ebay for $10 (including shipping!) It normally retails for $85 - so I was pretty excited about that!

Stacy said...

the more kids you get the harder it is to try to dress them for christmas. I have mostly given up. Jackson got nothing, emma wore her baptism dress which is pretty holidayish, Britta wore her dress from last year, and Kendyll wore a dress from Denny. Besides everyone at church is so worried about how their kids look, nobody but you is looking at yours anyway.

Preslee said...

CUTE!!!!
I am WAY excited for Christmas, I havent seen u guys for ever!

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Look how pretty you look!! Seriously gorgeous...you kids are so stinkin' cute too!

Love you guys!

Kari said...

DARLING! Love the outfits, and I also love hand-me-downs! You look so great, what a cute little family you are!

Hollie said...

Love the hand-me-downs too. If it makes you feel any better, Drew's sweater was way too short (Bode's old sweater, a 3T but Drew is a 4T), and he wore brown shoes with black pants. I know, it's a fashion no-no but who cares right? Peiton looks so cute, can't wait to put Kate in the dress next year. They all look cute, and you, you are such a sexy mama!

KEYSHA said...

So cute. Too bad I missed it. My kids debut their Christmas attire last Sunday....I wish I had hand-me-downs! Enjoy them. Someday I hope to make somebody really happy by handing off all of my kids clothes. For now, they are taking up way too much room in my storage room.

You look adorable in that picture with Peiton!

Allison said...

First the kids are darling no matter what they wear. But I know how fun it is to get them all dressed up for Christmas.

And Kaleb also has that rash. It started on his face and now covers almost his entire body. I took him in and the DR says it's just a virus. It looks like he's been out in the cold all day.

brandonandlexee said...

Oh of course they look so adorable! cute tree in the background. You have so many posts I can't keep up! Way to be on it sister...you are wonder woman:0)