Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 10- Toys for Tots

This year instead of giving gifts to the cousins on the Richards side, Kelly had the idea of going to buy presents for the Toys for Tots and then taking them to a drop off. It kind of took a while for Cooper to understand the concept of not buying toys for himself. Hopefully with age he will understand it better.

Walgreens had a great deal, you buy 2 toys and you get one free. So we spent about $14 for 3 toys, and they had some pretty good toys too.


Bode wanted all of the coloring books and didn't want to give them up.


We went the toys off at Albertson's in Draper. My sister in law Kelly LOVES Good things Utah and watches it diligently, she found out that they would be there taking the toys. So, YES, we got to see Nicea....wow! I think this could be a tradition every year and I think it was great for the kids to actually get something for someone else.


Also....

The "Secret Elf"

Go here
to see the Richards "Elfing" it away!


6 comments:

Preslee said...

U guys are soooo cute! Cant wait to see yall' at the christmas party!

KEYSHA said...

Great idea. Other kids need toys more than mine do; well done! You have set a fine example for the rest of us...now I will just have to convince Carsen!

Shannon said...

We just did away with cousin gifts this year since no one has any money, but we should have done Toys for Tots. What a good and easy idea. By the way our neighborhood did a food drive this year too and I loved it. The only I don't like about Christmas is neighbor gifts. I think they're the biggest waste of time and money so I was thrilled when our neighbors hosted a little shin dig and food drive. We ended up collecting over 700 lbs for people who really need it and now I won't end up with a lot of junk food and junk Christmas decorations. Thanks for sharing all of your fun Christmas ideas.

Kings said...

Hilarious elf yourself dancing! I love jib jab! Great idea to do toys for tots. I think I'll convince Jamie to do it for FHE next week. Still love your cute blog!

Marcy said...

Great idea! Thanks for the tip about going to Walgreen’s, that would be a great place to pick up a few gifts for the ward party. You all look so cute in the elf picture!

We missed you at church today, thanks for the yummy sugar cookies… Randall doesn’t even like sugar cookies and he said they were so good! I hope your kids get well before Christmas..

Trisha Paddock said...

What a cute idea....you are awesome! Love the Elf photos!!!