Monday, December 15, 2008

Hay ride with Mrs Claus...or...Christmas story

Day 15- Hay ride with Mrs. Claus (didn't happen)
Today we were suppose to go to Gardner Village and go on a hay ride with Mrs. Claus, but the weather was a little too freezing. So thanks to Grandma Holly we had a change of plan. This month of December, every Monday we have been getting something fun from Grandma Holly. The first week the kids got some warm, flannel sheets for their beds.

The second week we got this darling advent calendar, made by hand, yes made by hand, by Grandma Holly. It is so darling! She made 4 of these, one for each family.

She made each little ornament by hand just spent a lot of time on this and we love it and think it is darling.



And then today, this came....



So we sat down and enjoyed the cute book, some YUMMY clementines (which Peiton gobbled down), and delish hot chocolate. Thanks Holly for the fun activity.


Sorry to say, Bode didn't join us. He was in his room screaming because we turned off Alvin and the Chipmunks. I didn't want to hear him scream anymore so he went to timeout and missed out on all the fun:(



10 comments:

Kristen said...

Way to go Grandma Holly! What a fun idea! I think it'll be so much fun to be a grandma!

KEYSHA said...

Grandma Holly is the world's #1 Grandma...flannel sheets...sign me up! How warm.

Peiton looks so adorable in those pictures...I can just see her cute little face gobbling those clementines. I'm still chuckling about Bode being in his room because you turned off his movie! (Way to stick to your guns!) Fun activity for a snowy day.

Aly said...

What a nice Grandma your kids have! That calendar is amazingly cute! I love all your fun activities.

The Garber Family said...

Look how old Peyton's looking!
What fun ideas you have for Christmas.

Em said...

your little girl has gotten so big:) and i love that calendar

Olson's said...

I'm so glad you didn't brave the cold and go to Gardner Village - we trying to keep our kids healthy right?

Thank goodness Grandma Holly is to the rescue - sounds exciting to be getting all those gifts :)

P.S. Will you ask her if I can hire her for one more advent calendar? LOVE it!

Kari said...

Wow! What an awesome Grandma! And super crafty and clever, too! All kids deserve a Grandma like that.

Allison said...

Wow, I am impressed with Grandma Holly! That is a ton of work.

DeJong Family said...

That is a darling idea!

Heidi Totten said...

I need a Grandma Holly! What a FUN idea!